(INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT)
POSITION: HEAD OF FINANCE
West Africa Theological Seminary (WATS), a non-denominational theological training institution based in Lagos, Nigeria is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of the Head of Finance.
A. Purpose of the position
The main purpose of the department is to give financial management expertise in planning, organizing, leading, and evaluating the financial procedures and practices at West Africa Theological Seminary so that students can be equipped for holy living and Christian ministry.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and ensure the timely remittance of all taxes, e.g. PAYE, VAT and WHT, and manage all other statutory deductions e.g. pension remittances
- Produce financial reports for management, Board and other external stakeholders as applicable.
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial reports – Trial Balances, Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash flow Statement.
- Ensure proper documentation and tagging of fixed assets.
- Monitor, compare and analyze the budget against actual income and expenditure to aid management decision making.
- Ensure value for money in all the seminary’s spending.
- To ensure effective financial management of all financial resources.
- Provide overall leadership for the finance department.
- Provide financial advice on the general operations.
- Ensure proper safekeeping and investment of the balances in designated accounts.
C. Required Job Skills and Competencies
- Analytical, Time and People management
- Effective communication, Persuasion and Negotiation and Presentation
- Knowledge of the current fiscal and tax policies
- Knowledge of the banking transactions.
- Good understanding of the changes in accounting standards (IFRS knowledge).
- Good knowledge of accounting software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Problem solving, Accountability, Performance-driven.
D. Qualification for the Position
- Strong convictions and track record aligned with the WATS theological foundation of Wesleyan-Arminian holiness.
- The holder of BSC/HND in Accounting or equivalent, ACA/ACCA, MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar position.
E. Method of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their Curriculum Vitae, credentials and a cover letter to:
Human Resources Office
36 Olukunle Akinola Street,
Off New Ipaja-Ayobo Road Akinyele Bus Stop, Ipaja, Lagos.
P.M.B 003 Ipaja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Send via email to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of application is October 21, 2022. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.