Pastor Dr. Eugene Ikechukwu Ukaoha
Pastor Dr. Eugene Ikechukwu Ukaoha is a pastor and a lecturer in WATS (a former Director of Inservice (Weekend) Program, Faculty Adviser to Students’ Council, HOD (Church History & General Studies, former Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, former Director of Graduate Studies, Chairman DMin Task Force (that designed the DMin curriculum); a former member of the Admin/Executive Board).
He holds a National Diploma & BSc (Nutr. & Dietetics); BA Theology, MA in Human Resource Dev. & Leadership (APU, Cal., USA); MA and PhD in Church History (UNN).
Currently, he teaches courses such as Wesleyan Theology, Psychology, Church History, History of Christianity in West Africa, and African Traditional Religion.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2013. Introduction to the History of Christianity in West Africa, 1450-1900s. Lagos, Nigeria: Raola Graphics Publishers. Reprinted 2017.
- Eugene Ukaoha 2020. Theology of Holiness in Biblical Perspective (in print). Raola Graphics Publishers.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2005. Introduction to Psychology (in print).
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2006. A Handbook of Pastoral Counseling in Africa (in print).
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2010. A Celebration of God’s Faithfulness: The Story of My Life Part 1 (in PRINT)
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2012. African Traditional Religion: A Biblical Approach (IN PRINT)
Contribution in Books
Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2019. Spiritual Formation (International Council for Higher Education-ICHE) ICHE Integrated Textbook Series, edited by Prof. Esther O. Ayandokun and Dr. Samuel O. Akinola (Contributed three chapters: 7 Divine Personalities in Spiritual Formation, 8 Agencies in Spiritual Formation, 9 Approaches to Spiritual Formation.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2013. “Christianity and African Traditional Religion in Context.” Third Millenium Africa Journal. Gen. Eds. Dr. J.R. Miller and Victor Counted. Vol. 1, Issue No. 1 pp. 147-172.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I, Diara, B.C.D. and Anyamagir, Phillip T. (2012). “The Church as a Solid Foundation of God-Lessons for Nigerian Priests and Pastors” A paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Christian Institute of Theological Research and Conferences (CITRAC) at the Institute’s Temporary Site, Otukpa, Benue State, December 6-7, 2012. Published at International Journal of Christian Theological Research. Vol. 3 No. 1, 2013.
- Eugene I. Ukaoha. “Tenets of Wesleyan Evangelical Revival in Mainline Protestant Churches in Nigeria.” Published on Sociology and Anthropology Vol. 6 No. 11, 2018 by Horizon Research Publishing Corporation, California, USA. ARTICLE_INFO: http://www.hrpub.org/journals/article_info.php?aid=7591. (Impact Factor, Journal)
Accepted for Publication
- Eugene Ikechukwu Ukaoha “Starvation, Infant and Child Mortality during the Nigeria-Biafra Civil War, 1967 to 1970.” Paper presented at the conference on Women and the Nigeria-Biafra War, an International Conference in Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the War, held May 8-9, 2018 at Ambassador In, Marquette, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
- Eugene I. Ukaoha “Communicating the Christian Faith in the Context of African Culture and Religion among the Igbo.” Accepted for Publication on Impact Journal of Transformation, 2019 by the Africa International University, Kenya.
- Eugene Ukaoha, Felicia Priest, and Udo Okugbe, “Role of Religion, Culture and Philosophy in Ableism in Africa.” Being a Paper Presented at the Ableism Conference: “Ableism in Africa: Multidimensional Approaches” University of Nigeria, Nsukka 21-23 February 2022 Organized by PGSWD & AHRDC, UNN.
- Ukaoha, Eugene Ikechukwu (2019) “Impact of doctrine of holiness of Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, 1985-2018)” Unpublished Ph.D Thesis Submitted to the Department of Religion and Cultural Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirements for the award of Doctor of Philosophy degree in Church History.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2014. “Tenets of Wesleyan Evangelical Revival in Mainline Protestant Churches in Nigeria.” A Thesis Submitted to the Department of Religion and Cultural Studies, UNN for the Award of Master of Art in Religion, July 2014.
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 1988. “Food habits of students living on-campus compared with those living off-campus.” Unpublished Thesis submitted to the Department of Home and Nutrition, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 1993. “Polygamy and the church.” Unpublished Thesis submitted to West Africa Theological Seminary, an Affiliate of UNN in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Bachelor Degree in Theology (B.Th.).
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2000. “Bible college students and call to the ministry.” Azusa Pacific University, California, Operation Impact. Unpublished Master’s Thesis
- Ukaoha, Eugene I. 2010. “Religion, Politics and National Development” A Paper presented at the Homecoming event of the Department of Religion, UNN. December, 2010.
- Ukaoha Eugene Ikechukwu (August 2018). “The Church in Nigeria and Internal Security Management in the Context of Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, 2009-2017”. A Seminar Paper Presented in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirement for the Award of Doctor of Philosophy Degree in the Department of Religion and Cultural Studies, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, august 2018.
- Member, ICHE, West Africa (International Council for Higher Education)
- International Centre for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE) Academy Fellows (IAF)
Online Courses Completed Through International Centre for Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE) Academy
- Institutional Readiness for Online Course- 10, September 2020
- Managing Conflict- 5, November 2020
- From Conflict to Service- 16, November 2020