The following list describes those widely known and accepted core values that we have here at WATS:
- Scripture: We value the holy Bible as the divinely revealed Word of God that gives us guidance for our personal lives and encouragement to work together in redeeming our broken world.
- Holiness: We value the scriptural call for all believers to live lives of personal holiness that contribute to a society that brings honor to God and makes for peaceful social relationships.
- Mission: We value the scriptural call to “go into all the world and make disciples of all nations,” and therefore, position ourselves individually and corporately to fulfill this great commission both through personal evangelism and global mission.
- Global: Both in scope of outreach and breadth of teaching personnel, we see the influence of WATS reaching beyond the boundaries of Nigeria to include all areas around the world.
- Community: We value the scriptural call to “love one another as Christ has loved you,” and commit ourselves to enriching the community of faith through mutual understanding, respect, discipleship, accountability, and enthusiastic caring.
- Learning: As an educational organization, we value the opportunity to learn how to better equip men and women for Christian leadership.
- Excellence: We value the call to honor God through continually seeking to elevate the quality of our work, processes and products.
- Diversity: As a nondenominational seminary, WATS pursues diversity among its students, faculty and staff. We serve the global church while remaining faithful to our doctrinal statements and Wesleyan heritage.
- Spiritual Formation: WATS is a worshipping community that places value on spiritual formation. We believe spiritual and academic pursuit should be pursued together. We emphasize personal and community formation by providing a rich environment and activities that provide formational opportunities to students, faculty and staff.