Col (Ven) NZ Davou
Col (Ven) NZ Davou FSS MSS pjsc plsc ACC MA Dmin PhD
Col Venerable Davou Nuhn Zang born on 13 February 1964 in Jos Plateau state. As a Barracks Boy, he attended Army Children School Ogoja and went unto Government Secondary School Ogoja all in Cross River State. In 1987 He was enlisted into the Nigerian Army through Depot NA Zaria and was posted to HQ 2 Mech Div Camp as an infantry soldier after his initial Military Training.
In 1989, he changed his Corps from Infantry to Chaplain Services (Prot) after a confirmation of his call into the ministry of Christ. That year, the Director of Chaplain Services (Prot) appointed him as the Personal Assistant (PA) to the Director due to his initial training as a Clerk GD.
He has the following Civil Qualifications:
- Diploma in Christian Ministry (DCM) at TCNN 1991 – 1993
- Bachelor of Divinity Degree (BDD) at TCNN 1994 – 1998.
- MA Biblical Studies in New Testament at WATS 2011 – 2015
- Doctor of Ministries in Transformational Leadership (DMin) at WATS 2015 -2018
- Doctor of Philosophy in New Testament (PhD) at CGTS 2017-2019
He attended the following Military Courses:
- Offrs Computer Appreciation Course NASFA 2002,
- HIV/Voluntary Confidential Counseling and Testing 2004
- Traumatic Guardians and Counseling Course 2004.
- Senior Chaplain Advanced management course 2007.
- Advanced Leadership Seminar (Haggai Institute) 2008.
- In 2009, he graduated as Pass Junior Staff Course (pjsc) 67 from Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji.
- Team Building and Organizational Efficiency at Obafemi Awolowo University 2009.
- Senior Chaplain Advance Counseling Course in 2009.
- Nigerian Army College of Logistics (NACOL) plsc course 8, in 2011.
- International Chaplain conference for World Peace in California USA 2015.
- Chaplains and Imam Peace and conflict reconciliation course 2017
- Critical Thinking and Strategy Development Seminar Mar 2019
- Nigerian Army Chaplain and Imam Spiritual Warfare Seminar December 2020
- Member, Board of Governors – School of Nursing/Midwifery St Luke Hospital (Anglican Communion) Wusasa. 2019 to date,
- National Executive Council Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration – Sub-Religious Committee Chairman 2017 – 2020
- Member, GAFCON Jerusalem Council 2018.
- Member, Governing Council WATS 2019 to date
- Chairman on series of Boards of Inquiries, Commissioning and Promotions for Chaplain Services Protestant, Nigerian Army 2018 to 2021.
- Member, Major decisive Board of Inquiries of Chaplain Services personnel on Marital issues June 2020
- Fellow Church Institute of Church Administration and Management.
- Fellow Christian Leadership University
- Fellow HOPE Foundation
He has served as chaplain at:
- National Defence College as College Chaplain 1998 – 1999.
- Nigerian Army School of Military Police/11 FER, Basawa – Zaria as Cantonment Chaplain 1999 – March 2001.
- HQ 149 Bn and appointed Zonal Chaplain overseeing HQ 192 Bn Chap (P), HQ 242 Recce Chap (P), HQ 14 FER Chap (P), DAMS Chaplain (Prot) and CVD Chaplain (Prot) respective, yet Vicar St Paul’s Military Church Ojo Cantonment Nov 2001 – August 2003.
- Beefed-up HQ 93 Bn for United Nation Mission in Liberia (UNMIL NIBATT 3) 2004.
- HQ Guards Brigade Chaplain (Prot) 2005 – 2008.
- AHQ Garrison Chaplain (Prot) Abuja as Dy Dir/Vicar 2008 –2010
- HQ DCSP Appt DCOS G1/G4, Dy Dir/Vicar – Apapa Gp of Churches 2010 – 2012.
- UNAMID as a pioneer Chaplain Military Observer in United Nations – Missions 2013.
- Training and Doctrine (TRADOC) and appt Deputy Director Chaplain at HQ Training and Doctrine (TRADOC) Nigerian Army Minna Feb 2014 to March 2015.
- HQ 3 Division Chaplain Services (Prot) Jos appointed Deputy Director and Vicar March 2015 to January 2017.
- Chairman Sub-Religious Committee for National Planning Committee Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Vicar General of the Cathedral and Chief of Staff of the Directorate Chaplain Corps HQ from Feb 2020 to 18 Jan 21.
- Deputy Director 81 Division Chaplain Services Protestant, Chief of Staff Corps HQ and Vicar St Christopher’s Military Church (Prot) Ikeja Cantonment, Lagos 18 Jan 21 up to 17 September 2021.
- Deputy Director, AFCSC/ICC Chaplain Services Protestant and Vicar St Andrews Military Church Jaji from 18 September 2021 to December 2021.
- Deputy Director, 3 Armourd Division and Vicar All Saints Military Church, Maxwell Khobe Cantonment, Jos December 2021 to 09 May 2022.
- Currently, Sub-Dean and Vicar St Bartholomew’s Cathedral, Diocese of Wusasa Anglican Communion
- Licensed Pastor COCIN 20 Sep 1996
- Priested COCIN 20 Jul 1998
- Deacon in Anglican Communion 25 Jun 2012
- Priest in Anglican Communion 23 Jun 13
- Canon Anglican Communion 7 Dec 14
- Archdeacon in Anglican Communion 6 Dec 15
Military Promotion History:
- After serving 14 Years as a Trained Infantry soldier and Chaplain, in April 2001, Davou commenced training in Nigerian Defense Academy as a cadet with Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) 12 from 03 April 2001 and Passed out of Nigerian Defense Academy on 17 November 2001 as a Lieutenant.
- Promoted Captain 03 April 2005.
- Promoted Major 03 April 2010.
- Promoted Lt Col 17 Nov 15.
- Promoted Col 17 Nov 20
He got wedded to Mrs Rifkatu on 26 August 1989 and blessed with four children (Lawrence, John, Peace and Glory). His hobbies include sporting activities, Listening to Inspired Gospel music and Driving.