Jeremiah Babajide Oluwadare
Lecturer: Biblical Languages, Biblical Hermeneutics, African Traditional Religions
- African Christian Theology
- Biblical Languages
- Mother-Tongue Biblical Hermeneutics
- Gospel and Culture
- World Christian History
- Pentecostal Theology/Hermeneutics
- B.Sc., Mech. Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 1992.
- PGD., Theology, Upper Room Bible College, Ketu Lagos, 2002.
- M.Div.,West Africa Theological Seminary, Lagos, 2005.
- M.Th., African Christianity, Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology Mission and Culture, Akropong Ghana, 2016.
- Ph.D., Theology Candidate, Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology Mission and Culture, Akropong Ghana (in view)
Pastor Jeremiah B. Oluwadare is a pastor with The Apostolic Church, Nigeria. He obtained his first degree BSc (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering. Later on, he completed his PGD. Theology with the Upper Room Bible College in 2002. He joined the West Africa Theological Seminary in 2002 in the Master’s level to do the Master of Divinity and graduated in November 2005. He was absorbed into the seminary’s faculty in July 2006 as a lecturer of New Testament Studies, Biblical Greek, African Traditional religions, and Religious Interpretation of Society.
Pastor Oluwadare has since served in various capacities at WATS some of which are: WATS Alumni Liaison Officer, Director of Christian Ministries, and Coordinator of the Jesus Film Ministry, an arm of WATS Outreach Ministry. He also served as the Dean of Men in the Student Affairs department. He has also sat on boards and committees within the seminary including the Administrative Board, Spiritual Formation Committee, and Missions Committee.
Pastor Oluwadare’s interest in African Christian Theology developed from his extensive interactions with the combination of Biblical studies, African Traditional religions and the sociological study of religions. His M.Th. dissertation is on the Hermeneutical Study of African Religions (the Yoruba, Southwest Nigeria) in the Colossian Religious Context. His doctoral research interest is in Pentecostal Theology.
Oluwadare is married to Christiana and are blessed with five Children; David, Emmanuel, Goodness, Paul and Silas (twin brothers).
He is a Ph.D., Theology Candidate, Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology Mission and Culture. A Post-Graduate University based in Akropong, Eastern Region Ghana.